Friday, October 19, 2012

Wash Day

This photography stuff gets to be a lot of work.  I found myself thinking something like this yesterday while we were visiting Assisi.  I found myself thinking that I wasn't seeing anything new, anything I hadn't seen earlier in the week.  Old stone buildings, narrow streets, shadows and light in churches and arcades; they seemed to be the same in Assisi as they were elsewhere.  So I looked for something else and ended up finding laundry.  Thursday became my wash day.  Also, I think that sometimes I may prefer visiting a place to absorb the history and art, just taking photos "for the record."  Walking around, concentrating only on making images, when there is so much in the streets and buildings that I'm ignoring, bothered me.  As our guide through the Basilica said, often the best camera is our eyes and brain, except, of course, that mine don't store images as well as iPhoto does.  Here are a few things from "wash day."







1 comment:

  1. The last one is my favorite! I love the arches and the dish towels, so cool!

    ReplyDelete